CHEF’S NOTE: Something that I fell in love with when I moved to South Africa was a good ol’ braai. I love making a fire and hearing the meat splutter and sizzle as it hits the grill. Honestly, I have no problem making a fire to braai just one piece of wors – the taste of meat off the coals is one that you can’t compare to anything else. Here is a humble example of what we love on the braai with my family, and all the delicious sides that come with it.
- 2 tsps rosemary
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1kg lamb ribs
- Mix together the rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place the ribs in a bowl and pour over the rosemary mixture.
- Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes
- Place the ribs on a hot braai and cook until fat is rendered, turning occasionally.
Once cooked, remove from the braai and serve warm.