CHEF’S NOTE: On our table for pretty much every savoury meal, chilli is our favourite condiment. This is a recipe form my primo, Sergio – he’s bringing the heat!
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground dried chilli (add less or more, depending on your preference)
- 3 tbsps cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Place all the ingredients (except the cider vinegar) into an oven safe saucepan with a lid and mix until they are well blended.
- Place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, stir well, pour into a blender and blend for 5 seconds. Then add in the cider vinegar and blend for a further 30 seconds or until you have a smooth sauce.
- Place in a jar and cover. This can be kept in the for up to 7 days.