- 1 ½ kgs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup capers, drained
Step 1 – Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in 4 tablespoons flour until evenly coated.
Step 2 – Heat canola oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Step 3 – Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 70 ̊C, about 4-5 minutes per side; set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
Step 4 – Whisk in remaining 1 ½ tablespoons flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Step 5 – Gradually whisk in chicken stock, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, parsley and capers; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Return chicken to the skillet.
Source: https://damndelicious.net/2020/03/03/creamy-chicken-piccata/Shop Now