What is Dry Aging?
Dry Aged steak is king among meat. Dry Aging meat allows for natural flavours to become more intense, as well as the tenderisation of texture.
The perfect steak requires the proper preparation
- Keep the steak at room temperature for 30-60min prior to cooking.
- Salt the steak then leave it for 45min for the salt to be absorbed.
- Ensure the steak is as dry as possible, dab with paper/kitchen towel.
- Preheat pan with oil. Cook for 60-90s on each side.
- 1 kg of Dry Aged rib eye
- Some olive oil
- 250g of rocket
- 50g of cashew nuts
- 1 large sweet white onion
- Pepper & sea salt
- Roast the Dry Aged rib eye at 240°C for about 10 minutes, until a crust forms.
- Wash the rocket, fry some cashews on the fry pan with some olive oil. Peel the onion and cut into fine strips.
- Return to the rib eye , and continue to cook for 10 – 20 minutes at 180°C, without adding liquid.
- Remove the rib eye from the oven, allow to rest for 15 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cut the rib eye in portions and arrange on the rocket salad.