- 85gdried red lentils
- 2carrots, quartered lengthways then diced
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 2small leeks, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
Step 1 -Tip all the ingredients into a large pan. Pour over 1½ litres boiling water, then stir well.
Step 2 -Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
Step 3 – Ladle into bowls and eat straightaway, or if you like a really thick texture, blitz a third of the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor.